Search the Site

Surveys

Reading During The Pandemic: Poll Results

Thanks to all who responded to my Reading Habits poll! I’ve posted the results below. Please keep in mind that this survey was informal and in no way meant to be an accurate reflection of the industry as a whole. You can see my other informal surveys and polls here. And here . . .



How To Find Time To Read More Books In 2020

The best way to get young people to invest their time in reading is being willing to invest time in it ourselves. At the beginning of every year, I reevaluate my reading habits. I love to read but sometimes I find that reading gets put on the back burner more . . .





Poll Results: 60% of you skip ahead to read the ending of a book

Thanks to all who responded to my most recent poll, which asked “While you’re reading a book, have you EVER skipped ahead to read the ending?“ Out of 126 respondents, 60% (or rather 59.52, rounded up) of you replied YES, with the remaining 40% saying NO. Why did you skip . . .




Quickie Anonymous Poll For Agents, Editors and Art Directors

To agents, editors and art directors out there: please take a few minutes to answer a short anonymous poll to help up-and-coming writers and illustrators? Results will be discussed at the SCBWI-Florida Regional Conference, SCBWI Metro NY Chapter (Feb event) and SCBWI-LA Writer’s Day as well as summarized in Inkygirl.com later this . . .



Poll Results: Do You Dog-Ear Pages In Books?

Thanks to those who answered my dog-earing survey! Exactly 100 people responded. I know the percentages don’t add up to exactly 100; I think SurveyMonkey was rounding up or down. It was fun to see how OPINIONATED many of us are about dog-earing pages in books; non-readers just wouldn’t care, . . .



A survey: Do YOU dog-ear pages in books?

After posting the found object doodle below on FB, a flurry of comments (turns out I’m not the only one who has a strong emotional reaction to dog-eared pages in books :-)) prompted me to post this anonymous 1-question survey: How do you feel about dog-earing pages? After you answer my . . .