Lovely Blog Award + 15 sites to visit
Here’s my list of blogs that I check regularly because of their excellent info and inspiration. I’ve tried to avoid blogs that have already been given the award, but I strongly suspect there may be overlap. I also check WAY too many blogs regularly to list here, so please don’t be offended if your blog isn’t listed.
Congrats to all! If you write about the award on your blog, I encourage you to award 15 more, and let them know with an email or a comment on their blog.
1. Cheryl Rainfield: Cheryl updates her book blog with great info for writers in addition to her book reviews.
2. The Actress and The Writer: Adrienne posts a weekly roundup of links and info for writers, plus I also enjoy her frank insights about the craft and business of writing.
3. Mystery Writing Is Murder: Elizabeth Craig is also one of my favourite people to follow on Twitter at @elizabethscraig. Consistently high quality information for writers on both her blog and her Twitterfeed.
4. Routines For Writers: One of my daily reads, always inspiring! I’ve always been fascinated by work habits of other writers, so this blog is right up my alley.
5. Writer Unboxed: Always high quality content, with excellent interviews and information of interest to genre writers. You can find a list of the author interviews they’ve done so far as well as useful writer links in the right-hand navigation bar.
6. The Happy Accident: Writer Greg Pincus offers tips on how to use (and not use) social media, with a focus on writers.
8. Gail Carson Levine: Wonderful posts by Newbery-winning children’s book author, packed with practical tips for those who write for young people.
9. Bookends, LLC – A Literary Agency: Great tips for writers looking for an agent. BookEnds is a literary agency focusing on fiction and nonfiction books for adult audiences.
10. Editorial Ass: A self-described “recovering editorial assistant,” Moonrat posts from the editorial perspective. Love the ascerbic wit throughout these posts. Lots of good info here.
11. Georgia McBride: If you’re interested in writing for young adults, you HAVE to add this blog to your RSS reader. Georgia also has an active YA author community going on Ning and Twitter.
12. Rachelle Gardner, Literary Agent: One of my favourite sources of retweet material on Twitter, Rachelle posts consistently high quality tips and info for writers.
13. The Swivet: Colleen Lindsay’s blog. Colleen is publishing consultant and a literary agent at FinePrint Literary Management. I read Colleen’s blog not just for the useful information but also for her acerbic wit.
14. Lisa Yee: LOVE Lisa’s sense of humour, and her blog posts are a fascinating and often entertaining glimpse into the life of a children’s book author.
15. Blue Rose Girls: Seven children’s book professionals (authors, illustrators, an editor, and one former librarian) discuss everything kidlit related; from industry news and the ever-changing world of publishing to the creative process with all its frustrations and inspirations.
For more insights from book creators, see my Inkygirl Interview Archives and Advice For Young Writers And Illustrators From Book Creators.