DEBBIE'S PRESENTATION AND WORKSHOP TOPICS
(Last updated: October 20, 2016)
The following is a list of my presentations and workshops. I'm flexible, however, and can tailor format and content to nearly any age group.
Free 15 minute virtual visit includes:
Q&A (Question and answer format), for students who have finished reading one or more of my books. To make the most of the 15 minutes, I advise having questions prepared ahead of time. Also, please either have the student come up to the microphone and clearly state his/her question, or have an adult repeat the question so I can hear it. Thanks so much!
Paid/longer visits (see my fees) are more flexible and can be tailored to a particular group. In addition to the above, they can include:
- More detailed discussion of how a book was created, additional focus on the writing and revision process, showing more sketches and cover discussion, etc.
- Digital drawing demo in addition to or instead of the paper drawing demo.
- Advice for those who want to write and/or illustrate their own picture book.
- Tips on how to get into the business (can be tailored to any age level).
- Hands-on workshops about writing and illustrating comics, character development, picture book writing and illustrating, creativity in art.
- Multi-session workshop about creating comics or graphic novels. I had great fun doing a series of "How To Create Your Own Graphic Novel" sessions for 8-12 year olds at the Toronto Public Library.
If you're interested in discussing possibilities, please fill out this contact form.