DEBBIE'S PRESENTATIONS: PHOTOS AND FEEDBACK
(last updated October 20, 2016)
QUOTES ABOUT MY VIRTUAL VISITS:
"That was one of the most fun things ever!"
- Rollinsford (NH) student, after Debbie's comic writing workshop
"Super awesome, high energy, fun Skype session with Debbie Ridpath Ohi who read aloud, drew, inspired and engaged!"
- Jamie Palmer at Schlegel Elementary about Kindergarten students (Webster, NY)
"This was our first experience with using Skype for an author visit. Debbie Ohi made it engaging, intimate and memorable for second graders. They left the room eager to try their hand at found art and echoing her words, 'It’s okay if you make mistakes, just keep trying.'"
- Christine Kaiser at St. Vincent de Paul Elementary School (Omaha, NE) on Twitter
"I can honestly say that in my 5 years at this school, I have NEVER seen the excitement I saw today!! Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for taking the time to chat with us today. You are WONDERFUL — not only as an illustrator, but as an inspiration to kids (and adults!) everywhere."
- Jen Sterner at Newport Elementary (Newport, MN)
"I was impressed with Debbie's ability to engage our squirmy first graders for the whole time – kudos to her! Thank you, Debbie, for bringing us the story behind I'm Bored and letting our kids get a glimpse of the writing and drawing life. "
- Carla Larsen, Media Specialist, South Washington County Schools
"Debbie does a fabulous job of making a skype visit feel intimate and personal. She is adept at incorporating student participation in a way that works for a virtual visit. My students really connected with her enthusiasm for creative play through art."
- Laura Given, K-8 Library Media Specialist, Parkview Center School
"Drawing just makes everything in your life better."
- Student at Rollinsford Grade School (NH),
while creating fan art after one of Debbie's Skypevisits
BLOG POSTS ABOUT MY VIRTUAL VISITS:
Wherein We Skype With Debbie Ridpath Ohi And Our Library Pals - by Jennifer Reed, elementary school librarian.
Hanging Out With An Illustrator - by Shannon Ford, elementary teacher-librarian in Texas.
TWEETS AND PHOTOS FROM MY VIRTUAL VISITS: